Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ENGL 224: The Color of My Life


The color red is a color valor, of blood, of grit and loyalty. Red has and continues to be associated with a fight, red is the color you see in your own eyes when an all-natural aggression takes control of your body. Red is honor and beauty as well. A red rose given to one you love, love has always been associated with red. That is why red is my favorite color, deep and passionate much like my personality. I will always wear my heart on my sleeve, and I am not ashamed to show my emotions or follow my heart when it comes to making decisions. Red goes deep, it holds so many emotions in its many different hues. Many of my favorite sports teams are represented by the color red in some way; Arsenal Football club wears a red home uniform, UNM uses a version of red called cherry in their uniforms, and the United States Soccer team also has a red uniform to represent the red stripes on our flag. My dedication to following my sports teams always makes a color hold even more valuable to me, since red is represented by so many teams I support it becomes clear why red is my favorite color. However, red has more value to me then just sports teams. A red rose was my grandma’s favorite flower, so when I think of a love that never fails I think of my grandma and her rose. Red is the color of sacrifice and blood. My faith in God and what His sacrifice means to me is unsurpassable by anything else on this earth. Blood is not something that makes me uncomfortable or squeamish, instead I feel that the deep red color of blood signifies the ultimate act of unselfishness.
            My love for red is not just because a red tie goes good with a suit, or that Arsenal FC has red jerseys. Red holds so many characteristics I look for in myself; love, sacrifice and selflessness. When I wear red I hope that I can represent all that it means to me, and not just because it is my favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment