Thursday, November 4, 2010

I've sat here quite often.

This place seems very familiar to me
There are things and people that I have seen
Places and memories that flood my head
Yet I don't remember a thing
Living a life that was surely my own
Not remembering what or who this man was
Walking through an open country field
The sight of stars overhead cast a light on this path
There is a hill in the distance
A place for rest and deep thinking
The lone tree that breaks the landscape
Rises high above everything else
Like a watch tower on a mountain
The tree keeps watch over all with it's smooth trunk and long, elegent branches
The seat at the base of the tree is unoccupied
And I soon find myself sitting
No tree feels like this one
This entire world seems like home
Brain working in over time
I try and relax
Peace soon floods through my body
It's never been this easy
So questions begin to rise
Why am I here
What Happened
Did I die?

No comments:

Post a Comment