Sunday, November 14, 2010

Let there be stories.

So let's sit before the fire, and hear a great yarn
Tell me of great things and little things
I want to hear tales of the city and I want to hear stories from the barn
Don't stray from this mythical path
Reality doesn't exist here, not even math
Keep true to the spirit of great tales
No lessons of science or history please
I'd rather be caught in a frightful gale
Tell me of magic
Tell me of might
Relay the great fables of war and of night
I want to hear horror
I want to hear love
Just please don't tell me of your christmas gloves
So Im sitting here
And your sitting there
Tell me a story
It's only fair

1 comment:

  1. i think i surely like this one best. yesyes. it is just so light-hearted and nice. and serious and silly and just marvelous. im liking it a lot.

    ReplyDelete