Monday, November 15, 2010

Out on the Balcony

There is a place for me
It's lined with trees
The road is long and straight
And the path leads somewhere I do not know
The sun breaks through the trees in only small patches
So as one walks down the lonely avenue
Patches of gold cross your path
Sometimes another may join me on my walk
Other times I find myself alone
Leaves fall down
Trees grow old
But this place of mine is always here
It's always real
Never fake
So many times I've walked down this road
Thinking of all things that swirl in my head
Figuring out mysteries
Planning speeches I'll never use
It all happens here
On my lonely road
Maybe you have a hill
A mountain top retreat
I have a road
It takes me somewhere
There is a destination at the end
I don't know what that resting place is
But I know it's mine
So I'll see you out on my road
As you stand on your mountain
Or call from the top of the hill
Either way let's take what life gives us
And then run down the pathway

No comments:

Post a Comment